So I spent a lot of time working on this piece. This was my first attempt to create something more professional and different than my other ordinary pieces. It was also a way for me to push myself and create an accurate model based on reference so there was a lot of research on that department.
The hardest part was finding the correct reference for the specific Panzer version. Once it was established the modelling process was a lot easier, however there were many times where I had to go back and rework certain areas as the reference was incorrect.
All the modelling was done inside Maya, however I think I should have experimented with panel loops and see the different results I could have had inside ZBrush.
The initial idea was to just model a tank and work on my hard surface modelling skills, having a basic reference to guide me and adding pieces from different tank versions as I saw fit. But, after posting some W.I.P. images on polycount the feedback I got changed my perspective on this subject.
You can view my thread along with the reference images on polycount here